Refreshing Mint Rice Recipe At Home
Mint Rice, sounds like cooling and refreshing dish. Mint Rice Recipe is a healthy rice recipe which can be prepared within few minutes. Delicious Aromatic Rice Mint Pulao or Mint Rice without much effort. The mint gives the rice an incredible taste and flavor.
So today I make with mint which is refreshing and is one of the quick and easy South Indian Rice Recipes. This is vegan, quick, delicious and requires only a few ingredients. Fundamentally, mint leaves are well balanced with coconut which is then later added to rice and other vegetables and cooked in pressure cooker or in a pan. It is basically served with plain yogurt or even with onion tomato raita or cucumber raita or plain vegan homemade raita.
Mint chutney recipe for rice is also good food for during indigestion because it is a good source of antioxidants and phytonutrients. Secondly, it also works for common cold or cold nose problems but mint leaves are a good source of vitamins and minerals. So it helps a lot in improving immunity and protecting against inflammation. If you’re looking for a simple and easy, quick recipe for dinner meal or lunch meal, this recipe is the perfect this.
|Mint Rice Recipe
(Image : cookpad.com)
How to prepare Pudina Pulao or delicious Mint Rice?
First, fresh and flavored mint spices are made using fresh mint leaves, coriander leaves, chopped onion, sliced ginger, garlic, chilli and fresh grated coconut. Combine all ingredients in a blender with a smooth paste for seasoning.
You can add some water to the paste if needed. Then heat some vegetable oil in a pan and add cloves, black pepper and cashew nuts to this cumin and fry till the cashew is slightly browned.
These sliced onions and sliced tomatoes are added and fried it. After that the pudina spices or mint masala are cooked for a few minutes with potatoes, carrots, beans. In this aromatic vegetable and spice mixture, rice is added to water and salt. Let the rice cook for a few minutes on low flame.
Give some hint to make best Mint Rice Recipe:
(Image : curry trail)
- You can use any vegetables you like to add in the pulao or the easy mint rice. Like I want to add potatoes, carrots, beans and peas but you can also add cauliflower, broccoli, zucchini, etc. Even the paneer has great taste in this recipe.
- Use fresh green mint and coriander leaves to make masala paste.
- You can also try adding some fried or grilled chicken to make Chicken Pudina Pulao, it make also a nice flavor and a good recipe.
- Do not cook the masala paste too much otherwise it will turn dark.
- To change the taste, cook rice in thin coconut milk instead of water.
- Cook the pulao or tasty mint rice covered on very low heat. It will make the grains of rice cook perfectly.
- You can totally use any variety of rice including basmati rice to make this.
Featured : Fig Jam Appetizer Recipes
What to distribute with mint rice?
You can serve pudina rice or homemade mint rice recipe with plain curd or any raita. I serve some mango pickle and papad in addition to this mint pulao or mint fried rice Indian recipe.
You might also like
PREP TIME : 20 MINUTES
COOK TIME : 15 MINUTES
TOTAL TIME : 35 MINUTES
SERVINGS : 3
INGREDIENTS TO BLEND:
- 1cup of mint leaves / pudina
- 3 tbsp of coriander leaves
- 3-4 cloves garlic
- 1 inch ginger
- 3 green chilli
- ¼ onion, for flavor (optional)
- 2 tbsp coconut, fresh / desiccated
- ¼ cup water
OTHER INGREDIENTS FOR MAKING RICE:
- 1-2 tbsp ghee / clarified butter or 4 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds / jeera
- 1 bay leaf / tej patta
- 6 cloves / lavang
- 2 star anise(optional)
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder(optional)
- 1 inch cinnamon stick / dalchini
- 4-5 Black peppercorn or ½ tsp black pepper powder
- 7-8 raisin or khismis
- 10 cashews, cut half
- ½ onion, thinly sliced
- 1 to tomato, finely chopped
- ½ potato cubed or sliced
- 5 chopped beans
- Chopped 10 florets cauliflower / gobi (optional)
- 1/4 cup Peas
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 cup basmati rice, soaked 20 minutes
- 2 cups water
- salt to taste
|Mint Pulao Recipe
(Image : vaya.in)
FOR PUDINA MASALA PASTE:
- Firstly, take a small blender and put mint leaves or pudina and coriander leaves.
- Then, add garlic, ginger and green chilli in it.
- Add some few slices of onions and coconut grated.
- Then, add some water and mix well to make a smooth paste.
- Keep the paste aside.
PREPARATION THE RICE RECIPE:
- Firstly, wash the rice in the fresh water and soak the rice in water for some time.
- Heat the pan and put some vegetable oil in it.
- Once the oil is hot, add cumin seeds, cloves, black peppercorn and cashew nuts.
- And fry these until cashew nuts turns slightly browned.
- Add onion and saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Add tomato and mix well for 2-3 minutes and add turmeric and sauté it.
- Now add the mint masala or pudina masala and mix very well with these mixture and cook for a minute.
- Add potato, carrot, beans, cauliflower and peas and sauté it and fry on high heat for 2-3 minutes until the masala is dry and fully cooked.
- Add soaked basmati rice and for boil add 2 cups of water and salt to taste and mix gently.
- Cover the pan and cook the rice on low heat until all the water is absorbed and rice is cooked.
- Cover the pan and cook the rice low until all the water is absorbed and the rice is cooked.
- Sauté the rice with these all vegetables and masala but without breaking the grains. For extra seasoning add salt and some black papper.
- Turn off the flame and serve hot with raita, plain yogurt or any vegan yogurt.
Suggest for more raita recipe:
|Pudina Rice Recipe
(Image : hebbarskitchen.com)
How to make mint rice recipe or pudina rice recipe in pressure cooker?
Firstly in a cooker heat ghee, add the dry masala seasoning sauté it. Add all vegetables in it. Add prepared masala paste and saute. Then add soaked basmati rice. Add 2 cups of water for boil and cooked well and salt for taste. Mix well and pressure cook for 2 whistles on medium flame. And the rice is ready by cook in pressure cooker. Serve it with raita or paneer butter masala, papper steak recipe, paneer pakora, chilli chicken, Honey BBQ Chicken etc.
If you want, you can pressure cook the rice with 2 cups of water for 3 whistles at first. Then you cook all vegetables and masala in another pan. At last add the cooked rice and add salt for taste and mix it well. You can see here the recipe making.
- Be sure to add your favorite vegetables to make it more nutritious.
- Always prepare pulao or rice with ghee for more flavor or you can cook with vegetable oil also.
- Additionally, adjust the amount and quality of green chilli depending on the spice level.
- Always use good quality basmati rice to prepare the perfect mint rice.
- Roasted cashews provide an exceptional flavor to the rice that you do not want to miss.