This Quick and Easy Creamy & Cheesy Garlic Spinach Parmesan Orzo makes you feel crazy!
Today I will make creamy spinach and Parmesan orzo, you can make it with me if you want. This creamy vegetable and Parmesan orzo made with a nice flavor of garlic are very tasty to eat and also very easy to make.
So don’t delay and see how to make this Parmesan orzo.
It takes only 30 minutes to make this delicious garlic spinach permission orzo. This means that one night if you notice that there is not much stuff in the house then you can think of this Parmesan orzo. Because with very fewer ingredients this recipe can be made for your dinner.
If you can serve crispy chicken and green salad with this dish, there will be no better meal than this.
This spinach orzo quickly became one of my favorite dinner dishes. This spinach with perfection is the best food for any dinner or lunch. Let’s see the recipe and start with me!
How to Cook Orzo?
You can cook orzo using the pasta method, first boil the water in a large pot, add a pinch of salt, mix the orzo in the pan and cook for about 6-8 minutes until cooked through. When the orzo is cooked, remove the pasta and set aside.
Either use the rice method for cooked orzo, for this method you need to bring a pot with orzo and give it twice the amount of water and wait for it to boil on low heat and cover it with a lead. Cook the orzo gently until all the liquid is absorbed.
More easy weeknight dinners you might love!
- Mint Pulao
- Honey BBQ Chicken with Jeera Rice
- Paneer Butter Masala
- Vegetables Dalia
- Easy Pepper Steak with Rice and Sauce
- Salmon Zucchini with Dill
Q. What is ORZO?
A. Basically, Orzo looks like a form of rice, it’s actually a rice-shaped pasta. But, this ‘orzo’ comes from Orzu which is a village in Haparu Rural District. This Orzo makes so easy and quick with veggies and cheese. Best for lunch and dinner as a meal, you can cook it like tradition pasta or can cook it the same way cook the rice.
Q. Is ORZO a grain?
A. Orzo is a rice-shaped pasta that you can cook and serve as rice. Orzo is not a kind of grain. It is a form of pasta, and that is made from wheat.
Q. Is orzo pasta healthy?
A. Orzo is commonly made from wheat, but it can be made from whole-grain flour as well, you can make as pasta method which is healthy and tasty also. This small rice-shaped like pasta is a good source of carbohydrates, so healthy and tasty that makes you feel the best!
Creamy Cheesy Garlic Spinach Parmesan Orzo
- 1½ cup Orzo Pasta dry
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 2½ tbsp Garlic minced or finely chopped
- 2 tbsp Flour
- 1 cup Milk
- ⅔ cup Spinach Leaves roughly chopped
- ½ cup Parmesan Cheese grated
- ½ tbsp Lemon Zest (optional for garnishing)
- ½ tbsp Black Pepper crushed (optional for garnishing)
- Salt as per taste
- First, bring a large pot and mix light salt in it and heat the water. Now put all the orzo pasta in that water and boil it a little. Orzo may take about 10 minutes to cook, but it depends on its quality.
- When all the orzo pasta is completely cooked, drain the water and set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan with butter over medium heat.
- Add the garlic, salt, and pepper and mix well for 1 minute until the garlic released a nice flavor.
- Now add flour in it and add 1/4 cup of milk. Mix everything well so that no lumps remain. Then pour the rest of the milk and keep stirring. Continue to cook over medium heat until the whole mixture turns into a thick sauce.
- Now put the chopped spinach in the sauce. Stir well until all the spinach is well cooked and soft. If necessary, close the lid and cook for a while, so that the spinach will be cooked quickly and the moisture becomes evaporating from it.
- Now add half of the Parmesan cheese immediately. Mix well.
- When you see that all the cheese has melted into a nice creamy texture, add the boiled orzo pasta and mix lightly.
- In this situation, saute the mixture for 3-4 minutes and make your homemade creamy spinach parmesan orzo is ready to serve.
- You can add chicken, shrimp, mushrooms, or other vegetables to this recipe. As a result, it may taste better.
- You can also add onion and raw cilantro in this recipe. It’s totally optional.
Here a video clip that helps to make that recipe, I found from Youtube (channel: Joanna Cismaru). See that clipping step by step.
If you like this recipe please share this with your friends on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest. Also, you can subscribe to my blog to get all the latest articles first on your mobile.
SHARING IS CARING!
Did you like this recipe and make them later at home? SAVE this pin to your favorite board on Pinterest!