The Creamy baked cheesy hash brown potato casserole recipe is perfect for any meal and loaded with mashed potato and cheese and topped with corn flakes. Perfect for any meal prep dinner, lunch and for any occasion with any holidays! It’s make-ahead friendly, vegan, keto and easily made vegetarian by with dried bacon or omitting the bacon.
Know more information of this baked healthy Potato Casserole recipe, see The Chunky Chef.
Want some easy casserole that your family needs for a meal or every holiday and a dish that no matter the occasion?
Do you have one of those go-to side dishes that you want for a busy life? That everyone loves… family, kids and adults both?
Here I have a healthy baked potato recipe that you can make easily at home, that loves everybody when you served. If you’re looking for the ultimate weeknight casserole, this is your recipe.
This recipe is good for school Tiffin. I remember, in my childhood, this recipe Potato Casserole Recipe is the best tiffin I had. I request to my mom, that please cooked that recipe and packed this for my lunch break tiffin.
Now Suddenly, I go flashback in my childhood days and decided to prepare that healthy easy potato casserole with real potatoes. These are the classics keto potato casserole that my sister loves more than anything.
Creamy Keto Loaded Potato Casserole – so delicious, crispy with corn flakes and topped with dried bacon. It’s easy to throw together, but so incredibly delicious, and it’s pretty much guaranteed to be loved by all. Do you agree with me?
Image : The Chunky Chef
How to make Baked Easy Potato Casserole at home?
1. Preheat your oven and then prepare a 9×13 casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Next step you have to wash the potatoes, then peel, dice and put them in a large pot. Cover with water and boil until potatoes are soft and tender.
3. Strain all those potatoes and gently place them back into the pot. Now fold on butter, cream cheese, sour cream, and milk.
4. Last gently add in garlic powder, salt, and pepper along with 1 1/2 cups shredded cheese. Pour this into your prepared casserole dish.
5. Spread on top your potatoes with the remaining cheese and bacon. Bake for 25-30 minutes.
6. Remove your casserole from the oven and garnish this healthy keto casserole with green onions and dried bacon, serve!
Potato Casserole Recipe
KEYWORD: CASSEROLE, CHEESY, EASY, SIDE DISH
PREP TIME: 10 MINUTES
COOK TIME: 1 HOUR 5 MINUTES
TOTAL TIME: 1 HOUR 15 MINUTES
CALORIES: 857 KCAL
AUTHOR: PRIYANKA DUTTA
The Best Funeral Potato Recipe is a delicious way to make a creamy cheesy potato casserole that your whole family will love so much!
- 3 pounds Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 large 30-oz package of traditional frozen hash browns (take out of the freezer 20 mins prior to cooking) / hash brown casserole – optional
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups sour cream (or use Greek yogurt)
- 1/2 cup whole milk or heavy cream (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme or 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 3 tablespoons chives (we used freeze dried but you can use fresh too)
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 large yellow onion chopped (optional)
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 1/2 cups Fried Onions crushed
- 2 cups nacho cheese Doritos crushed
|Baked Potato Casserole
Image: The Diary of Arealhouse Wife
Side Dish Recipes:
Here are a few more of my favorite side dish recipes that you should try in your kitchen!
Lemon Pepper Asparagus
⇒In a mixing large bowl, combine your hash browns, salt, black pepper, shaves, sour cream, sliced cheddar cheese, cream of chicken soup and you are cooked slightly fried soft onions. Mix it well.
⇒Preheat your oven at 375°F. Put the mixture of the potato in a 9×13 casserole dish and cook that in the oven for 30 minutes. Get all the whole casserole and stir very well.
Put it back in the oven and continue cooking for about 20-30 more minutes depending on your oven and till it’s turn to bubble on the side and middle too. Once it starts bubbles in the middle it’s done now.
⇒Remove the casserole from the oven and spread over some crushed onion and if you want, you can add Dorito mixture on the top. Again put back in the oven for an additional 5 minutes but watch it carefully so the topping doesn’t burn.
⇒Remove from the oven and serve this potato hash brown casserole recipe immediately.
If you want some more to know visit here.
|Potato Mashed Casserole
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Bring potatoes to a boil in cold water in a large container. Cook until the water is salty and the potatoes are tender, about 20 to 30 minutes.
2. Drain the potatoes, return the potatoes to the pot and mash them in a low heat, add 6 tablespoons butter, 3 cups cheddar cheese, yogurt, cream, thyme, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, and cayenne. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Spoon the potato mixture into a 9×13 inch baking dish. Spread over as a topping with the remaining 4 1/2 cups cheddar cheese.
3. In a medium bowl, add the cracker crumbs, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, and 4 tablespoons butter and mix these all together.
4. Cover the potato casserole recipe with alominum foil. Transfer it to the oven and wait to bake for 30-35 minutes. After 35 minutes, remove the foil and continue baking for another 15 minutes until the crackers are golden. Serve this healthy keto best sweet potato casserole recipe hot on top with fresh thyme and flaked sea salt.
|Keto Potato Baked Casserole
Image : thecozycook
Let’s experiment with some interesting delicious Ingredients!
Now you think what is the experiment?
Everyone thinks their favorite version is frostbite and then hash brown, diced hash brown or whatever are the top choices. You can boil (with skins so they are not too watery), peeled and cubed russet potatoes.
So for this purpose I made an experiment, that is –
Add more ingredients –
You can add some Mushrooms, green or red peppers, freshly minced garlic, green chilies, corn with this potato casserole.
Full Fat, Low Fat or No-Fat? What’s your choice? Picked! Sour cream, cream of chicken soup, cream of mushroom soup, cream of potato soup, cream of celery soup, cheese soup, plain Greek yogurt, plain almond milk add in the casserole of potato recipe to make the recipe creamy.
Cheddar, Parmesan, chili jack, cream cheese etc put in the sweet potato healthy casserole for making the recipe so creamy and cheesy.
Doritos, fried onion, cucumber, potato chips (rippled chips crunchiest), corn flakes, slices of cooked bread, panko etc whatever you like spread over the dish.
Add some more –
Bacon bits, ham, sirloin, chicken chunks, turkey, smoky, Choose your best!
Here You see the preparation of healthy sweet keto potato casserole recipe.
Can use the instant pot for this easy healthy sweet potato casserole?
A. I prefer to use the instant pot. It’s the easiest, quickest way to make potatoes.
you can use Yukon gold potatoes for an extra creamy mashed potato, but Russet potatoes will work well too.
|Slow Cooker Potato Casserole
Healthy Best Potato Casserole Recipe in Slow Cooker Preparation
This slow cooker sausage and potato casserole recipe is a comfort food that can be served for breakfast, lunch or dinner! Also good for any meal prep, that your day full and healthy too!
1. Gather hash brown casserole, onion, and 2 cups of the cheese in a greased slow cooker.
2. Take a another separate bowl, add cream of chicken, milk, salt and pepper, mix well.
3. Pour over hash brown mix in it.
4. Sprinkle remaining cheese over top for so more cheesy flavor.
5. Cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours. Serve it hot Enjoy!
To know more information of this slow cooker potato casserole recipe see here.
Want to store leftover this recipe? It is best to Leftovers should be stored in the freeze. It is best eaten within three days. But keep in mind that place the cheese on top but before baking allow your potatoes to cool and then cover and place in the freezer.
If you want to store that recipe for more days, keep in the freezer for up to 3 months. When you are ready to bake remove from the freezer and allow to thaw overnight. Then cook according to directions.
Wanted to Reheat the recipe?
Reheat or not to do?
Wait! I’ve two solution for this..
Place frozen potatoes in a foil or in an oven-safe covered dish. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or so. The exact amount of time depends on the size of the part.
Try this healthy keto recipe at your home for meal and you can share your experience, leave me a comment below. If you want to share your recipe image follow me on Pinterest and leave your recipe image. You can also connect with me on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, and PINTEREST. I would love for you to follow along and discover more amazing recipes.
Q. What is in a Casserole?
A. Casserole – a dish in any food may be baked and served in a large or deep pan, pot in the oven or microwave. It is a dish made of meat and vegetables, fish and almost anything else you can think of, that have been cooked slowly in a oven or cooker.
Restaurant Style Chicken Drumstick
A. Some company started selling pre-packaged Funeral Potatoes that you can buy in the frozen section of the store. But this name Funeral comes from United State, the meaning is, funeral potatoes are a potato-based dish in casserole form, and served as a side dish during traditional after-funeral dinners.
A. The first we need the Protein like vegetables or meat.
The second component helps to thicken and dish that is a starch like rice, pasta, potatoes, beans etc.
The third and finally a casserole needs a binder or liquid that hold it together like milk, broth, soup, cheese, egg etc.