The best classic Green Beans Casserole Recipe is so delicious made with cream of mushroom soup, green beans, cheese, and other simple ingredients just ready within 30 minutes on your table! Such an easy homemade green bean casserole side dish recipe perfect for Thanksgiving or Christmas and holiday too!
This is the perfect amazing side dish recipe that you can serve with your Garlicky Roasted Broccoli, Spinach Orzo, and Roasted Shrimp Recipes!
Know more information about this healthy green bean casserole easy, click here.
Basically, I love all types of casserole mainly vegetable casserole. Because I love food and also I love cooking too! My family loves healthy and clean eating foods. So today, I decided to make my family a healthier meal on this holiday and prepare a meal at a well-attended vegan table.
This best evergreen beans casserole recipe is so tender, classic, keto-based, and low carb that made with cheese and perfect for Thanksgiving, holiday, Christmas, and weekend dinner.
The perfect homemade recipe hot and bubbling for a Crowd!
Easy Green Bean Casserole Recipe
The Parmesan Green Beans Casserole packs in tons of great nice flavor and is made with fresh green beans, with sour cream, with cheese, and topped with fried bacon. Not only is it delicious, but perfect for guests since it is gluten-free, low carb, & keto-friendly!
During potlucks or holiday feasts, a classic green bean casserole recipe is served well on the table with Deviled Eggs or mashed potatoes. It’s absolutely delicious with a crispy, crunchy savory topping, easy to prepare and bake, PLUS the kids love it! Your Thanksgiving table is perfectly complete with this Green Beans Casserole Recipe for your healthy family and guests too! Don’t Miss out on this recipe! know more below the make-ahead Crockpot green beans recipe!
What Ingredients need For Easy Healthy Vegan Green Beans Casserole?
There are a few simple ingredients needs for this recipe. Take a Look!
- Green Beans – Green Bean is the main ingredients for this healthy casserole recipe. You can use fresh, frozen, or canned beans for this recipe.
- Crispy Onions Fried crispy onions are essential to this dish. Use this onion when you cook the recipe and also for garnishing the recipe. If you want to add onion but without fried, the taste is so delish adding the onions and you can substitute 1/2 tsp onion powder instead.
- Cheese – To make the creamy and cheesy texture of the recipe add cheese and create a nice flavor! This cheese part is totally optional, but I love Cheese so I add grated cheese in this recipe for easy green bean casserole.
- Mushroom Soup – Mushroom soup is added which makes this recipe so easy (and it’s the basis of delicious sauce). Adding this soup of mushroom makes the recipe thicker and creates a nice flavor!
- Fresh Mushroom – This fresh mushroom is from mushroom soup, you can add this if you want to or skip too!
- Garlic – We all know adding garlic in any kind of recipe to make a beautiful flavor. Use Freshly minced garlic at home is best or use garlic powder instead of garlic clove.
- Chicken Broth – If you want some chicken flavor in this casserole recipe, use chicken broth. Or if you don’t have mushroom soup, use this as a substitute.
- Butter – To make more flavor, optional.
- Salt and pepper – as per your taste
Optional ingredients to add in the Vegan Green Bean Casserole
- Chili – You can add red or green chilis or jalapeños to add heat!
- Bacon or Pancetta – Who doesn’t love bacon? Using slices of pre-cooked and crumbled bacon takes a nice flavor and texture.
- Herbs – Fresh or dried rosemary, thyme, or parsley can be added to the green bean casserole Campbells recipe. A perfect side dish for Thanksgiving dinners… the ultimate comfort food!
Looking for more side dishes? try these!
- Vegetable Manchurian
- Potato Casserole
- Cucumber Raita
- Roasted Shrimp Skewers
- Lemon Pepper Asparagus
- Instant Pot Chana Masala
- Creamy Butter Chicken
- 16 Healthy Salad Recipes
Can you Make Green Bean Casserole Ahead of Time?
This dish casserole can be made up to 48 hours or 2 days ahead of time. Cover it tightly and store it in the fridge until ready to bake.
Remove the dish from the refrigerator at least 30 minutes before baking. If this is really cool, you may need to add extra cooking time for another 10 minutes.
Keep in mind that all the dishes are not for freeze, separate the crispy onion for topping in a separate container so that it doesn’t get wet or moist. You have to place them in a Ziploc bag until ready to bake. You can store the cheese in this same process.
When you want to bake this, remember to remove the dish from freeze and sit out for 15 to 20 minutes.
Tips on How To Make Green Bean Casserole with Fresh Green Beans:
➠ Not to dirty the dish, add some creamy base directly in the green beans casserole to create a nice creamy flavor.
➠ I like to use soy sauce for the extra savory flavor in the healthy casserole, but if you want you can also use soy Worcestershire sauce to replace soy sauce.
➠ For this recipe, you can use sour cream or mushroom soup. I like to add mushroom soup instead of sour creamy for this fresh green bean casserole.
➠ For a more extra punch of flavor add some garlic powder or a few fresh mushrooms and for more creamy based.
➠ For garnishing add the crispy bacon spread over on top in the casserole for added flavor and color. You can reserve 2 Tablespoons of bacon drippings to saute the onions and mushrooms instead of butter.
How Long To Cook Easy Healthy Green Bean Casserole?
Green bean casserole is ready within about 40 minutes and not more steps to cook this recipe meal prep! You can make green bean mixture casserole up to a day in advance and leave it in the fridge until it is baked, saving you valuable time in the rest of the dinner preparation. Remember that if your green bean easy casserole is in the fridge, you probably need to add some extra time!
Green Bean Casserole Recipe
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutesServings: 8 servings Category: Side Dish, Casserole, Main Dish
Calories: 243KCALAuthor: Priyanka Dutta
4 cups fresh green beans, trimmed and cut into bite-size pieces 1/3 stick butter 1/2 cup diced onions 1/2 cup milk 1 teaspoon soy sauce 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms (optional)
2 cloves garlic minced
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce (optional)
3 cups chicken broth(optional)
10.5 oz. can cream of mushroom soup
1/2 cup crispy fried onions
Salt/Pepper to taste
1 cup grated Cheddar
See below for the green beans casserole Crock Pot version.
1. preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Take 2 quarts or liters of salted water in a large pot over medium-high heat for a boil. Add beans and boil for about 5 minutes. 3. After boiling the beans vegetable drain in a strainer and remove the beans quickly and set aside.
4. Melt the butter over medium heat in a large skillet. Saute the onions and mushrooms for 2-3 minutes, until softened.
5. Add the fresh garlic and cook for more than 1 minute.
6. Add chicken broth or mushroom soup and add cooked green beans. Cook for 10 minutes.
7. Reduce heat to medium-low, season with salt, pepper as per taste, add grated cheddar cheese (if using) in a casserole dish. Stir in the cream or half and half. Cook until the soup thickens (about 4-5 minutes). 8. Remove from oven and stir. Top with remaining fried crispy onions and return to oven for an additional 10 minutes or until golden. Remove and serve hot! or for baking – Do the process till step 7, then, in a large bowl, combine the onions, mushrooms, garlic, green beans, mushroom soup, and fried onions. Add salt/pepper if desired, – Then pour into a greased 1 ½ quart baking dish. Bake this dish uncovered for 20 minutes in the microwave.
– Again add grated cheese on the top and bake for 10 minutes more, remove and serve hot! Notes
1. If using fresh or frozen green beans, boil just until tender-crisp.
2. Dropping the after cooked beans in a large bowl of ice water to stop the cooking process.
3. For additional you can use soy sauce, milk, sour cream, etc.
|Green Beans Casserole Crockpot|
Crock Pot Green Bean Casserole
This recipe is great in the Crock-Pot, don’t waste time, let’s see the process of this best-ever casserole recipe and following these tips:
⟹ Cook the green beans. Drain and gather the other ingredients as mention in the original recipe, which is mention up. But don’t add fried onions in it now.
⟹ Cook it on low flame for 5 hours.
⟹ After cook, the casserole opens the lid and spread on top with cheese, and cover until melted.
⟹ At last, before serving spread top with French Fried Onions and serve, (no further heating required).
To know more visit here.
|Slow-Cooker Green Beans Casserole|
How To Make Green Beans Casserole In The Slow Cooker
1. Take 4 cups of fresh trimmed green beans and cut green beans into 1-inch pieces or whatever you want to cut.
2. In the slow cooker, add cream of mushroom soup, milk, soy sauce, garlic powder, and freshly ground black pepper and stir well together.
3. Add green beans and bacon to it, (if you want to use bacon ) and cook on low flame for 5 to 6 hours, stir even half a time with cooking time to promote cooking.
4. When onions are half fry, stir well and the remaining onions are spread over on the top before serving to keep it so crispy.
|Canned Green Beans Casserole|
Image: The Cozy Cook
Can You Use CANNED Green Beans for this green beans casserole recipe?
Growing up, on our busy day in our life we want always fast to cook anything. We mostly used canned green beans, although we’ve been using fresh green beans more and more. The green beans in the dub have the softest and lightest flavors, but the frozen green beans are the crunchiest and tastiest. Pre-cook them in the microwave for a few minutes to soften them up a bit and they are the perfect texture for casserole. Also, they have great flavors without having to taste the other flavors of the casserole!
Can You Freeze Green Bean Casserole?
– Many recipes in the cooking world you can freeze but this recipe, I don’t think this healthy recipe would be to freeze and again reheat. – If you really want to freeze this recipe, I mention some tips in the upper part, take a look again! – Try this easy Slow Cooker Green Bean Casserole for another method of cooking to best-ever prepare this recipe. To better understand how to cook the recipe, here I give you a video clip which I found from YouTube (channel: The Stay at Home Chef) https://www.youtube.com/embed/HsyUHshXyyM?feature=player_embedded So now you know how to make this casserole of green beans at home. So why are you waiting for?
Prepare this healthy green beans casserole recipe in your meal prep and stay healthy always. If you looking for more healthy clean eating recipes subscribe to my site and you will get more recipes when I will post.
Want to watch this recipe later? SAVE this pin below to your favorite board on Pinterest!